- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis.
- Have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination thereto securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks. The Eligibility condition for admission of students under the Foreign Nationals Category shall be 65% marks in the Higher Secondary School Examination of (10+2) system or an equivalent examination. They are exempted from taking the admission test. The other regulations regarding the eligibility for admission will be the same as applicable to the other candidates. The candidates belonging to OCI/PIO category shall have the option to either apply under the Foreign National Category or under the category of Indian students. In case the OCI/PIO candidate apply under the category of Indian National, they have to appear in the All Indian Law Entrance Test along with other students.
- Definition of Foreign Nationals: The candidates who possess citizenship of a country other than India and hold valid passport.
- Definition of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/Person of Indian Origin (PIO): As notified by the Govt. of India.
Number of Seats
Total Seats: 80 [70 Seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and 10 Seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit (5 seats for Foreign Nationals & 5 seats for OCI/PIO)]. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET. Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Disabilities.
Note: One additional supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two additional supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
Timing of AILET
10:00 am to 11:30 am on May 5, 2019 (Sunday)
The detailed notification for the AILET is published in leading national newspapers and on the University website.
Entrance Test (AILET) Scheme
The AILET has 150 Multiple Choice Questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within 1 hour 30 minutes. The AILET has sections on English, General Knowledge, Basic Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Legal Aptitude.
|Total number of questions||150|
|Duration of the Examination||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Subject areas and marks distribution|
|• English||35 Marks|
|• General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|• Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|• Reasoning||35 Marks|
|• Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
Negative marking: There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2019-20. The criteria for negative marking will be based on the formula 0.25*4=1 that means per wrong answer 0.25 Marks will be deducted. Therefore, four wrong answers will lead to deduction of 1 Mark.
Other Important Information
- The selection shall be strictly on the basis of merit as determined by the Entrance Test subject to reservation of 15% for Scheduled Caste candidates, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates, 5% for Persons with Disability, one additional supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants and two supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu & Kashmir out of the 70 seats to be filled through Entrance Examination.
- The unfilled seats reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates shall be assigned to Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa. If sufficient number of eligible SC and ST candidates are not available to fill such seats, they shall be filled by General candidates.
- If two or more candidates secure the same percentage of marks in the Entrance Test, their merit will be determined on the basis of percentage of marks in the Intermediate Examination (10+2) / Higher Secondary School or its equivalent recognized by the University.
- If the merit remains the same, then the marks of 10th standard will be taken into consideration. If still there is no change in rank, then the higher in age shall get preference.
- The unfilled seats under Foreign National Category will be carried over to General Category and filled on Merit. A horizontal reservation of 30% of the total seats shall be filled by eligible female candidates including those selected in reserved and foreign national categories .
- Selected candidates shall be arranged in the order of merit in each category. A wait – list shall be prepared for each category, so that in the event of a selected candidate not joining, the candidates in the wait-list could be admitted in the order of merit. Admission process shall be completed latest by the 25th day of July of the year or any other date which may be notified by the University.
- Candidates who are selected shall be intimated about the selection, immediately by the University through email / post / phone / fax and by posting the result on the website of the University. The candidates will be given stipulated time for getting admission, failing which, the offer of admission stands cancelled.
- The same procedure shall be followed in the case of wait-listed candidates.
- The tuition fee and other deposits shall be paid through ECS/Demand Draft obtained in favour of “Registrar, National Law University, Delhi”. If any candidate fails to join after admission to the course, only 75% of the tuition fee paid will be refunded to the candidates. The non-refundable part of the tuition fees shall be utilized towards financial assistance to deserving students who could not pay the tuition fee on account of their economic backwardness, based on the recommendation of a committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor.
Entrance Exam Fee
|General Category/Kashmiri Migrants/Resident of Jammu & Kashmir||Rs.3,050/-|
|Persons with Disability||Rs.1,050/-|
|(No Entrance Examination fee for SC/ST Below Poverty Line (BPL) only)|
Old Question Papers
Old Question Papers of Entrance Test of B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Programme from the year 2010 to 2018 are available on the counter at NLU, Delhi for sale on payment of Rs.500/- by Credit/ Debit Cards or through post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.550/- in favour of Registrar, National Law University Delhi payable at New Delhi. Please do send a covering letter with an address for delivery.
Read More at : https://nludelhi.ac.in/adm-ba.aspx